October 3, 2012

Miss Me?

Have you missed me?  Sorry I've been MIA.  But, I promise it's been for some VERY important reasons.

Lots of events have taken place over the past couple of weeks, one you could even call life-changing.

In the past few weeks we've a) moved back into "the dorms" (locked ourselves out on the second night back in - not too proud of that one), b) ventured back to southern Ontario to get some quality family and friend time before winter, c) got back in the swing of hockey preseason AND d) had out first snowfall in Anchorage. Not to mention I've been crazy busy at work! 

Oh ya... And that event we can call life-changing?.... Wait for it... 

Wait for it....

WE'RE ENGAGED!

Oh it feels so good to finally let it out.  All I've wanted to do since it happened was scream it from the rooftops for all to hear. But of course, we had to tell family first.

It happened a few Sundays ago. We went on a walk to Kincaid Park Beach, possibly our favorite spot in Anchorage. And in true Steve and Mar fashion, it was pissing rain.  We were sitting on a piece of driftwood, and all of a sudden Steve dropped to one knee and popped the question.  I can't tell you what he said, or even what I said for that matter, I kind of blacked out. I was in shock.  Did not see it coming. at. all. There were tears, but it was hard to tell because the rain was also whipping me in the face. 

In my mind it went a little something like this... a scene straight from the Notebook...

In reality, I'm pretty sure I had mascara running down my face. 

Mascara or not, it was beyond perfect.

Obviously I have to show it off.  Steve did an amazing job designing it.  I'm obsessed. These pics were taken at my parents' brand spanking new house on Lake Huron. I am also obsessed with that.

Titus so happy to have us both back... or already bored of us by the look on his small face in this picture.


Let the planning, and pinning, begin!



SHARE:

1 comment

I would love to hear from you!

Blog Design Created by pipdig